I had this idea to write about this particular topic for some time now and I'm glad today it can finally be put out on paper.
In the past few months I have seen friends complete their final year bachelor's degree, some have started working and some are in the midst of pursuing their internship.
However, what most young graduates or should I put it this way, potential employees have in common, is the wrong mindset.
Let me enlighten you.
Call it dreams, we all have them. To work for a notable company, earn and live sustainably
Many of us know what we want, but not many know the little things we need to do, to path our way to fulfil them
Being a really smart student does not always mean you are entitled to a secure high-end job, nor does being a rich kid from a wealthy family guarantee you a place at your dad's company. Lastly, being underprivileged or incapable does not mean you cannot achieve greatness.
Its all about your mindset. Read that last sentence again.
Up until now, you might probably think "This girl probably reads a lot of motivational books". Well yes I do but reading is one thing and understanding, is another.
The problem with us is we keep complaining. We complain about every single thing! Think about it.
But, don't take this the other way. We all complain! Even myself.
A wrong mindset starts by choice.
Here are a few examples:
1) When you choose to portray how ungrateful you are and pour it out on social media platforms, especially on LinkedIn! (If you are on LinkedIn and you do this, then you need a serious reality check)
2) When you regret taking up a particular coursewhen others don't even have the opportunity for an education
3) When you complain about how boring and toughyour job is when others are jobless
4) When you make up excuses and deny yourself opportunities
5) When you forget that 'Rome was never built in a day'
Think about it. All these scenarios lead back to you.
When you speak to a group of people, its all you. People remember what you say when you least expect it.
Your reputation is the most profound thing you should nourish and grow
Instead of complaining and what not, why not conserve your energy and channel it positively to shape your future?
All you need is an idea, no matter right or wrong, big or small.
But first. A right mindset.